father's day

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Now that I've finally finished blogging all of my Aruba photos, I can finally get to some of the backlog of other events that have been patiently waiting for their turn to be posted. Next up on the list? Father's Day! At this rate I may be posting my 4th of July fireworks photos on Halloween...

I went to visit my parents for Father's Day and stayed for the weekend at their house. When I arrived early on Saturday morning, my brother (this was his first Father's Day!) was feeding miss Sophie her breakfast.

DSC_6069.jpg

As usual, she got distracted by the camera while eating. Beth and Jon just love it when I do that to her. :)

DSC_6068.jpg

I didn't take a ton of photos during the morning and early afternoon because we were all busy cooking and cleaning and getting ready for all the dads in the family (my Dad's idea!) to come over for barbeque and dessert.

I couldn't help picking up the camera, though, when Mom got out one of our old Dino-Roars (anyone remember those?) to play with Sophie. The girl has some serious lung capacity and proceeded to roar right back at it.

DSC_6077.jpg

DSC_6080.jpg

DSC_6081.jpg

DSC_6092.jpg

My Dad, the master of homemade ice cream, was responsible for this deliciousness.

DSC_6095.jpg

And now that the family had all arrived and the prep was over, I had some time to get the camera out and grab a few photos of peeps.

My cousin Jake.

DSC_6098.jpg

DSC_6101.jpg

My uncle Mike and aunt Tina (Jake's parents).

DSC_6102.jpg

Cut li'l miss Beth.

DSC_6180.jpg

Sophie was taking turns wearing us out walking all over the house (while held her hands), and when she wandered back into my old room (where her crib is), I managed to grab some photos of just her.

DSC_6109.jpg

And also her and me in a mirror. See? The child gravitates to the camera. I'm going to have to get her a Nikon for Christmas or something.

DSC_6129.jpg

Three generations of Stinson dads in one shoot- cool!

DSC_6133.jpg

And then we got Sophie involved, though she seemed more interested in chewing on her fingers...

DSC_6138.jpg

....which Jon removed (completely deadpan, I might add)...

DSC_6140.jpg

...and what you don't see right after this photo is that she stuck them right back in her mouth again!

DSC_6141.jpg

The child is fearless...my brother has seen to that. :)

DSC_6150.jpg

DSC_6157.jpg

My Dad helping Sophie stand...

DSC_6160.jpg

..until she decided to sit down again. It's cute how she'll turn right back around and look at you.

DSC_6163.jpg

DSC_6181.jpg

Sophie started to get a bit sleepy toward the evening...

DSC_6213.jpg

DSC_6218.jpg

...as we were watching Dad and Jon open their Father's Day gifts. I bought him a BaLens white balance lens cap. I love mine!

DSC_6220.jpg

DSC_6216.jpg

Beth and Jon gave him some new woodworking tools.

DSC_6223.jpg

DSC_6225.jpg

DSC_6238.jpg

And J got another season of The Big Bang Theory on DVD. Sweet!

DSC_6240.jpg

And also a woodworking book.

DSC_6268.jpg

The next morning Sophie was up early (ummm, when did this post become about Sophie instead of about Father's Day?) eating breakfast and finished at about the same time I was ready to go out for a 3 mile run. I ended up taking her with me in the stroller (unfortunately I don't have photos of that) and running the entire course (including the hills...so many hills!) while pushing her. She absolutely loved it! Me? I thought I was going to die near the end, but it was a great workout.

And here's the cutie-bug herself a little later playing hide and seek under a towel. Oh, the things that will amuse you when you're 11 months old. :)

DSC_6270.jpg

DSC_6279.jpg

DSC_6281.jpg

I don't have any photos of the rest of the afternoon. Mom had to run some errands in Hendersonville and dropped me off at HomeGoods (where I found some lovely serving pieces to use as scrapbook storage) for a while, and we were generally lazy and laid-back for the rest of the afternoon until I left to drive back home.

And, guess what? I was back in two weeks to run a 5K and take photos of fireworks. More on that later, though!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan