friday favorites | august 5, 2011

Friday, August 5, 2011

Oh, my, what a week it's been!! Every night I've come home from work and either cleaned the house or written posts furiously for Scrapbook Update in an attempt to push out the last of the CHA coverage. In case you missed any of it, here's what's been posted since last week:
Whew, that was a lot of writing. And photo editing. And did I mention the writing? And the photo editing?

It's also been super cool (and perhaps elicited a few squees on my part) to see my CHA coverage get mentioned on manufacturer Facebook and Twitter feeds, and even a few blogs! Amy Tan gave me a shout out today, and Doodlebug Designs did twice on their blog, here and here! It's starting to look like six degrees of separation around here with all those links (and if anyone finds me linked up at Kevin Bacon's blog, pleeeeaaaaase let me know...and if you didn't get that, I'm sorry).

Okay, enough linky-linking- let's get down to business. Crafty business, that is!

    From the top left:
    • This has hands down got to be the best idea ever for making cards from your paper scraps. Find out how to make your own at Betsy Veldman's blog, Paper, Scissors, and Superheroes.
    • Pugly Pixel posted a great tutorial for making your own decorated envelopes.
    • Aren't these little mini books made from airmail envelopes just adorable?!?! Check them out at MiniatureRhino's Etsy shop.
    • Club Creating Keepsakes shows a great idea for using the negative space in your chipboard letter sheets to make titles.
    • Visit The Twinery for a tutorial showing how to make these cute hibiscus flowers!
    • Givers' Log has a great post showing how to make these DIY cupcake stands- they're easy and inexpensive!
    • Heidi Van Laar shows readers how to make a paper bow- a perfect accent for greeting cards.
    • Moon Ko's school album post at Write. Click. Scrapbook. makes me want to dive into the endless boxes of my old school papers stashed in my parents' attic and put them in books!
    • Visit Studio Calico for a tutorial showing how to make this cool confetti design on your layouts.
    Have a scrappy weekend!
    CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan