counterfeit kit challenge | august 2011

Saturday, August 6, 2011

For this month's Counterfeit Kit Challenge we had our choice of not one but four different kits to copy! My Creative Scrapbook's September 2010 kits were the chosen forgery, and I found myself immediately drawn to the Mini/Creative kit featuring Echo Park's fabulous Walk in the Park line.


The only problem? I don't actually have any Walk in the Park in paper form (though I do have the entire digital collection), and I didn't have anything else in my stash in near the same colors and patterns because, let's face it, nothing comes close to Echo Park for that!

What I did have was a preorder (from a couple of months ago) of Echo Park's Country Drive collection (featuring an even brighter array of colors) in at Stop and Scrap, so when the email with the chosen kits to counterfeit went out last month I crossed my fingers in hopes that it would ship in time. And, if you read my unboxing post earlier this week, you know that it did!!

I let the papers from Country Drive serve as the backbone of my kit, then decorated it with all kinds of embellishments- some from the same shipment the new paper came in, and many others from the depths of my stash.

DSC_0279.jpg

Oh, and one of the best things about this collection? The "B" sides of the paper!! I flipped them all over and photographed them just so you could see how gorgeous those backsides are.

DSC_0287.jpg

Several embellishments that I ordered from The Girls' Paperie line matched these papers perfectly, as did some K and Company trims picked up at Tuesday Morning- how's that for mixing old and new?

DSC_0283.jpg

Of course I had to add some baker's twine. And, yes, that is indeed a spool of the brand spanking new Doodle Twine from Doodlebug Designs! Love! It's already made its way onto a layout that I'll be sharing next week.

DSC_0285.jpg

I can't have a kit without bling! And some Studio Calico letter stickers and a pack of green Card Candi made their way in, as well.

DSC_0284.jpg

And I certainly couldn't leave out the small selection of flowers (including some yummy cabochons) that I like to add to every kit. You may notice, though, that I didn't add buttons this time- I've moved those to my "staples" section that I pull from for almost every layout, so I won't be adding those to individual kits from now on- they were starting to get a bit fragmented and scattered across my scrap room!

DSC_0281.jpg

So there you have my fun, fresh, happy kit for August! As I mentioned earlier I've already been scrapping with it, so stay tuned for those layouts later this month!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan