simple scrapper layout | party prep

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DSC_0311.jpg

I'm back tonight with another layout to share! This page is based on one of the templates in the August Collection at Simple Scrapper...with just a touch of reinterpretation. I was never very good at following rules, anyway. :)

_DSC8416.jpg

I wanted to capture a few of the details (like Mom slicing up the watermelon) of all the party preparations for Sophie Clare's first birthday, and these three photos jumped out at me as both perfect for the template and what I wanted to document- I love it when things work out like that!

I try to make all of my design team assignments work for me in that regard- I scrap photos that I would have scrapped anyway, I just happen to do them with whatever set of supplies or format is required for the assignment. That way I never feel like design team work is a chore- it's all about making it work for me as well as my team!

DSC_0315.jpg

Speaking of design teams, I pulled out my August Counterfeit Kit featuring the super fun, super bright Country Drive collection from Echo Park once again to make this page. That's another way I made my design team work easy this month- I made the kit for the Counterfeit Kit challenge, but also used it for my Simple Scrapper layouts (since I could choose any supplies I wanted for those). And for both sets of assignments I used photos from the same event, so in the end everything worked so well together! With just a little planning this design team thing is a piece of cake- you just have to be organized about it :)

DSC_0314.jpg

I'm keeping this kit intact for a while since I still have quite the pile of photos from Sophie's birthday that I want to use on layouts. In fact, I keep most all of my kits together (they just make life soooo easy!) and have been revamping my kit storage a bit over the last week or so. Perhaps that should be a topic for a future blog post?

How do you guys store your kits?
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan