friday favorites | august 12, 2011

Friday, August 12, 2011

Oh, wow, has it EVER been a day here!! I was supposed to have the day off but instead was out in the software lab doing an emergency installation of a new build ahead of a test event that starts on Monday- talk about unexpected!!

And, even if today was a bit less than perfect, this WEEK has been phenomenal! So much good stuff going on...let's see...I've already mentioned that Scrapbook Workshop came out. May Flaum, the lovely editor herself, also has a great post about it today on her own blog. We're all so excited to finally see this in print that we can hardly stand it!

I also finally finished pushing out the very last of the CHA Summer 2011 content for Scrapbook Update. This week saw the posting of:
There's some fun stuff coming up next week, too!! Bite Sized Scrapbooking (I've mentioned this awesome concept on my blog before) will be using one of my layouts as their inspiration for next week's page! I know which one, though I'm not gonna tell...you have to sign up for that! :)

Also next week there will be a special feature on this blog!! I've been working really hard on a series of posts all about using your scraps on everything but layouts! I don't know about you, but I have a really difficult time using scraps on pages, so next week will be filled with cards, tags, and other ideas for using your scraps en masse! If you want to join in, get your scraps together and get ready to have some fun! It might also help to have any or all of the following items on hand:
  • Plain white 8.5x11 cardstock (I'm using a pack from Staples that's been hanging around here forever)
  • Blank tags (manila tags from the office supply store are perfect)
  • Some sort of bookbinding supplies- a Cinch, Bind it All, or Binderie are great, but plain ol' bookbinding rings are spectacularly cool, as well
  • Plenty of adhesive (tape runners are my choice)
  • Stamps and inks in the themes and colors of your choice
  • Punches
  • Sewing machine
    Intrigued yet? I am so excited to get this going!!

    And now, finally, I have some great crafty links to inspire your weekend (while I'm spending mine madly working toward editorial deadlines and on some new bloggy content).


    From the top left:
    • Francine Clouden has posted another great Smash-style book on her blog, Callalou Soup.
    • Learn how to make these adorable baker's twine pom-poms at The Twinery.
    • I love, love, love color palettes paired with inspiration photos, and I've found yet another great source for them at Jessica Tierney Designs.
    • Hambly Screen Prints featured a cute baby mini album on their blog recently.
    • How adorable is this sweet birthday cake banner? Learn to make your own at Cake.
    • Sometimes party idea posts are just pretty to look out without necessarily being crafty, like this over-the-top gorgeous English garden wedding shoot at Hostess with the Mostess.
    • And sometimes party ideas are entirely crafty, like this cute li'l paper chain cake banner at Amy Atlas Events.
    • The Style Files shows how to make these cute popsicle-shaped invitations.
    • I really don't share enough layouts that catch my eye in these posts, so I'm going to try to do more of that in the future. This lovely piece by Karen Grunberg is this week's pick. I love the little diamonds of patterned paper!
    Have a scrappy weekend!
    CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan