December Daily: Days 1-5

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I finally finished my December Daily album over the weekend. I didn't have the time to actually scrap each day as it happened, but I made sure to take my photos each day and save some items to include. Editing and printing the photos took the most time, made worse by the fact that my printer ran out of color ink with four pages still to print!! I had to put the project on hold for almost a week while I ordered ink and waited patiently for Staples to deliver it (via the big brown truck of happiness), because of course nobody in town actually carries ink for my printer.

I'll not bombard you with all twenty-five days of finished pages at once (that would be a bit much, and a pain for me to upload and write all in one shot), so I'll show five pages at a time spaced over five posts and hopefully get it all up in the next couple of weeks.

First of all, the completed book...and boy, did it get fat!! I love the layered look of all the different sizes and edges of the pages.


Day 1:

I added an extra page to this day because I had several photos I wanted to use.




Day 2:

This day was a little difficult to fit in, but I finally decided to print a 5x7 of the really good shot my Dad got of the lunar/planetary alignment and then cut it into four segments and put each in a slot of the baseball card protector page. It gave it a sort of "window" effect. The three shots on the other side are the not-so-great ones that I took.




Day 3:


Day 4:

I couldn't bear to cover this vintage sheet music, so I used a patterned transparency as my page base and just left the sheet music as it was.




Day 5:

This Sassafras Lass "Life at the Pole" paper became a recurring theme throughout the album.







More to come on this in a couple of days!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great. I've been wanting to do an album like that for a while, but am never sure exactly how to get started. Fear of the unknown keeps me from branching out a lot. LOL

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan