Friday Favorites: Staycation Time!

Friday, May 21, 2010

You see, I'd had this whole relaxing staycation planned out. Yes, it was going to be lovely. I have 11 straight days with no work (a 9/80 Friday, a weekend, a week of vacation time, another weekend, and then Memorial Day), and I have the coolest to-do list put together. There are very few things on it along the lines of "paint the hallway" (the hallway is actually pretty small) and lots of things similar to "make stuff with crepe paper." I even slept in until 9am this morning, and I never do that.

And then at 10am it happened. Darren called and said he'd just spoken to the realtor and, get this, a tree fell through the garage at the farm that we'd just accepted a second, higher offer on. Oy. I should have stayed in bed.

So Darren left work early and went out to assess the damage. There wasn't much I could do to help, so I stayed home and played and sort of redecorated the bathroom and cooked and coordinated with the insurance company. At the end of the day, everything is going to work out. Insurance will fix it, and our realtor assures us that this shouldn't affect the sale at all.

So I should still have a lovely little staycation (because staying home sounds really, really good to me), it just may not be quite as relaxed as I'd planned.

Now, how about some crafty goodies from blogland?

 

From left to right:
  • Stacy Julian shares a super cute mini album- love the purple!
  • Aren't these little monster towels from SEI Lifestyle adorable?!!? And the handles are a great idea. 
  • I love creative gift wrap, and this idea from Martha Stewart's Crafts Dept. is a really cool use for everyday office supplies.
  • If you love the look of crocheted flower embellishments but, like me, are crotchet and knitting impaired, then check out these "faux" crotcheted flowers by Danielle Flanders. So simple!
  • I'm going to file this under the "why didn't I think of that" category- the covers of these little notebooks in heavensentcrafts etsy shop are made of Star Wars playing cards!
  • Here's another mini album for the week, this time from the Pink Paislee blog.
  • I seriously love, love, love all of Pugly Pixel's clip art, and to top it off she gives it away for free! This round is more than 250 megabytes and contains everything from paper bags to doilies. So cool!
  • I seriously doubt I have the patience for it, but I'd like to think that I could make one of these paper flower bouquets as shown on Creative Memories' site.
  • And, finally, a neat little tutorial from Scrapbook Trends on making a ruffled paper border.
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan