It's Good To Be Geek : Things That Go Vroom, and Muppets!

Monday, May 24, 2010

It's been far too long since I've done a geek post- I really need to do them more often. I'm actually surprised that my brother hasn't gotten after me about it yet!

By the way, did you know the difference between geek, nerd, dweeb, and dork? No? That's okay, neither did I until I saw it explained in a Venn diagram on The Great White Snark.

 

Cool, eh? I like being at the intersection of intelligence and obsession.

The have one for operating systems, too.

 

As a geek, I have a certain fondness for fast cars. Or at least for cars that look fast. In reality, I could care less if they are capable of breaking the sound barrier because, at most, I get to drive around 70mph on a daily basis. They could take any of these car bodies and drop in my Honda Civic engine and I would be a happy camper. A heretical camper to all the big engine junkies out there, but a happy camper nonetheless.

Here are three (semi) recent examples of concept car awesomeness dredged up from Geeky Gadgets.

Porsche 918 Spyder Concept

 

Audi R8 GT

 

Alfa Romeo Pandion Concept

 

Aren't they all so pretty?

And now to switch gears without a clutch to...the Muppets!! Yes, the Muppets have been a recurring theme around here lately, from tons of mentions on the interwebs to Darren's fascination with the new towels...he's actually named them Rolfe (and his clones).

The Muppets are best viewed in video, don't you think? Like these gems from YouTube...they have their own channel now, dontcha know? :)

Stand By Me is pretty funny...






As are the Muppets trying out for Star Wars (come on, you didn't think I'd get through a geek post without mentioning Star Wars, did you?






The Muppets don't just look good in video, though- they look awesome on cupcakes, as well! Images courtesy of Cupcakes Take the Cake.

 

 

And, in my last bit of Muppet News, it's been revealed that Wash (of Firefly fame- come on, you knew that I also couldn't get through a geek post without also mentioning Firefly...) is actually a Fraggle.

 

And in other Geek TV news, Chuck has been renewed for a fourth season and, alas, Lost is (finally!) over. I haven't watched the final episode yet- it's on tonight's to-do list. I can't wait to see how The Ack Attack sums it up, though. This one is from many weeks back, so I feel safe posting it in all of its snarky goodness.

 

"This week on Lost, Jack and Claire do some family bonding, Sawyer takes charge, Sayid tries to whack Desmond, Sun and Jin finally reunite, and more crap explodes."

Mostly I'm just stuck on this show right now, though...


And you know I just can't do a geek post without including a photo of this guy. :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Muppets abound! I have had them on the brain here as well thanks to my Mother's Day gift. Love those cupcakes. I think Pepe would have been a funny Yoda ..OKAY.
    The cars .. I like fast pretty things too and wow you picked some good ones! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan