Football Photography

Thursday, December 23, 2010

I had fully intended to create and post more pages today in my Journal Your Christmas/December Daily album, but there was a slight snafu with my photo prints at Sam's so they'll have to wait until tomorrow (if I have time).

Instead, I'll share a layout I made a few weeks ago based on a sketch from Valerie Salmon's Got Sketch 106 e-course.

_DSC7193.jpg

One of the things that I really wanted to focus on improving this year was my photography, so I made it a point to shoot in any challenging situation that I could find. I have a friend who is an official for both the Premier South Football League (semi-pro) and many local middle and high schools, which gave me a chance to try a little sports photography. The games were often at night, in the cold, in the rain, and almost always in really, really bad lighting. In short, the perfect place to practice.

_DSC8710.jpg

Several times I was allowed out on the field with the other "real" photographers, which was an amazing opportunity. I learned a lot (about photography- I still know next to nothing about football) from just talking to those guys and shooting alongside them.

_DSC8709.jpg

I never really did anything with my photos after each game except flip through them, analyze what I could have done better, and use them as editing practice in Lightroom, but when I saw that Valerie's example layout for the sketch used her son's football photos I knew that I needed to pull at least a few of these out and document the learning experience.

That's yet another reason I love taking online scrapbook classes- they expose you to inspiration and ideas that can really make you think outside your box. 
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan