Geek Girl: Sweets and Crafts

Saturday, December 11, 2010

I've been coding for work tonight (yes, I do realize that it's Saturday night), which has put me in major geek-out mode. I think it's high-time I share some of my latest geeky findings with you, my bloggy peeps, and this time it's all about sweets and crafts (best combination EVAR!).

There's been a serious run of geeky cupcakes lately, such as these awesome Clone Wars specimens (via the official Star Wars blog).



And I have not one, but two sets of Doctor Who cupcakes in the queue!!


Both the sets above and below can be found on Cupcakes Take the Cake.

Can't you just hear those Daleks now? EXTERMINATE!!



Some awesome traditional cakes have popped up, as well.

Natasha Burns made this adorable Mario themed cake for her son's birthday. How cute are those Goombas?!?!?


And just look at this gorgeous Stargate cake (via Great White Snark)!!


If cake pops are more your style, then get a load of these Star Wars pops (via TheForce.net).


Williams Sonoma recently made some new additions to their Star Wars themed kitchen line, should you wish to make your own geeky sweets (thanks to TFN and Christina for the heads up on these).



For those in a crafty mood, these felt Star Wars themed napkin rings look like a fun, quick project (via TFN). It's too bad that there's not a sci-fi cartridge for the Cricut- then cutting out the characters for these would be a cinch!


That's no moon, that's an ornament! Made of Legos! Yes, that's right, it's a Lego Death Star ornament. WANT! (via Geeky Gadgets)


I really, really need to learn to crochet so I can make cuteness like this little Yoda (via Oh So Happy Together).


But since paper is more my speed, maybe I should give some of these Star Wars (and many other themes) popups a try (via Epbot, Robert Sabuda).


And, while it's not exactly a craft, someone did design and build their very own TARDIS Murphy bed (via Great White Snark). My only question is...can the 10th Doctor be included with mine, please?


Do not adjust your screens. You really are seeing a My Little Pony...soldering iron. Okay, that has to be the Holy Grail of geeky tools (via Boing Boing)!


Mmmm, now I'm ready to watch Star Wars, eat junk food, and scrap for an entire day.

Until next time, geek out, peeps!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan