Journal Your Christmas: December 1 & 2

Monday, December 6, 2010


Woohoo! I've got the first two days of my December Daily/Journal Your Christmas album ready to share! They're still a bit curled up, though, so please excuse the glare on some of the corners where it caught the light wrong.

Just a quick note- if you're looking for the supplies/format that I chose for my album, you'll want to read this post. Also, tomorrow I'll have a post showing how I put together and customized the digi pages in my album.

I'm sort of taking elements of both Ali's December Daily and Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas and combining them in my album. I like Shimelle's daily journaling prompts and Ali's emphasis on capturing the little things each day. Throughout the album, you'll likely find that my journaling captures one thing while my photos capture another (possibly unrelated) item. I'm going more for artsy than photojournalistic in my photography approach this year.

So, on to Day 1 (you can click on any image to go to Flickr and see it enlarged). The prompt was to write our manifesto (you'll notice that I'll rarely use titles in this album- I used a ton last year and thought I'd try just writing this year) for this Christmas. Manifesto sounded a bit too Unabomber to me, though, so I just went with my wishes for this Christmas season. :)

_DSC7205.jpg


The tape is by Tim Holtz, and I cut the little felt snowflake on my Cricut.

Day 2 is all about the weather. I hate cold weather, but we did get our first really hard frost on the 2nd, so I had a little fun with the macro lens taking photos of frozen leaves in the front yard (my neighbors probably think I'm nuts or something).

_DSC7206.jpg

The paper snowflake and stars are by Making Memories.

I'm really, really loving this album format so far. I'm writing my journaling each day in a Google document, and also taking my photos and prepping the digital pages. I should be able to print the next round on them on Wednesday or Thursday. Here's to trying to keep up!

I'll be back tomorrow with a post about the digi pages in this album, and then again on Wednesday with days 3 and 4.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan