2010 Reading List

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm very happy to have upped the number of books I read this year to 18 (up quite a bit from last year's 11). Throw in the fact that four of those books are about three times as long as the ones I normally read, and the list isn't looking so shabby! Still, I hope to read even more this year.

I set a goal to finish reading all of the Harry Potter books before the last movie was released. I'd watched all of the others before reading the books, and I wanted to see what effect having read the last one would have on how I viewed the movie. Thank goodness I read it- I think I would have had a hard time following the film without it!

Goblet of Fire was my favorite movie of the bunch, and easily my favorite book, too. David Tennant has nothing to do with that...really!





Another Burn Notice book is on the list this year. It's pretty much on par with the others I've read- badly edited (several spelling and mechanical errors)- but it reads like one really long Michael Westen monologue, which is never a bad thing.


The Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi series continued this year. I'm still not thrilled with these books as a whole, but at least the latest one started to pick up a little bit. I still think they would have done well to condense the whole 9 book plot into a trilogy of paperbacks.





Star Wars: Crosscurrent- and to think, the franchise had been getting on just fine without life-sucking aliens up to this point. I always thought that was more Stargate territory, anyway.


Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor- I loved this book. I mean truly loved it. Original plot, spot-on characterizations, and it made me laugh out loud in several places (always a good sign).


I became a true Kindle book convert after I purchased an iPad earlier this year. I started taking it to the gym with me on cardio days, propping it up on the magazine shelf on the elliptical, and reading away while I worked out. Sometime over the summer I discovered the wealth of Doctor Who novels that are available for Kindle, and they have become my gym reading material of choice- light, fun, and full of characters I already know.









As you can see, I spend a lot of time at the gym. :)

I'm currently in the middle of another Doctor Who novel at the moment, and both my physical and Kindle "To Read" shelves are stocked and ready to entertain me through 2011.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan