Sophie's First Christmas - Sketch Support

Monday, January 24, 2011

_DSC1312.jpg

I've raved before about how much I love Allison Davis's sketches. I have all seven of her books, and they make pages come together amazingly easily. I've based many layouts on them and even used them to plan an entire album last November!

Image Credit: Sketch Support

Allison recently started a new blog, Sketch Support, where she shares free sketches along with tons of example layouts. I played along with this month's sketch and made this layout about my adorable niece Sophie's first Christmas.

sophies first christmas.jpg

I pulled out some of Crate Paper's Snow Day line to play with. I just love the bright colors and nontraditional palette.

_DSC7429.jpg

_DSC7430.jpg

I also couldn't resist getting my snowflake punches out to play and add a bit of pop to the chipboard embellishments (also from the same line).

_DSC1309.jpg

I'm pretty literal in my interpretation of sketches. I rarely change dimensions or numbers of photos.

_DSC1311.jpg

If you like sketches you really should go check out Allison's site. She even provides free PDF downloads of all the sketches, including cutting directions and dimensions for your paper. Fun stuff!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan