Clearance Blooms

Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 12, 2011

The three days last week that Huntsville shut down for snow must have caused an overstock, because when I walked into my local Kroger last week to pick up a few groceries I was greeted by two shopping carts piled high with flower bouquets on clearance. The $20 bunches had been marked down to $5, a dozen roses were $3, and bunches of alstromeria were $1 each. I spent $13 and came home with everything pictured above.

_DSC1147.jpg

I'm definitely not a master at arranging flowers, but I had some fun and put together several bunches that looked beautiful to me. The bouquet above has been gracing the desk in my scrap room for the last week (in my favorite new vase, purchased on clearance at Anthropologie).

_DSC1164.jpg

This bunch has taken up residence on the dining room table.

_DSC1159.jpg

There's a simple glass vase of roses living on the mantle.

_DSC1170.jpg

And I made a yellow and white bunch to match the quilt in the bedroom.

_DSC1178.jpg

And then, of course, the macro lens came out to play. :)

_DSC1187.jpg

Because I really, really love taking photos of flowers.

_DSC1203.jpg

And bugs. But I didn't buy any of those at Kroger...

_DSC1193.jpg

_DSC1202.jpg

_DSC1223.jpg
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan