The Day After Christmas

Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's another little tradition for my Mom and I to go shopping at Target the morning after Christmas, except she wasn't feeling up to going this year. :( The roads were also somewhat icy (not too bad, just a few patches) and Darren didn't want me driving by myself, so he drove me instead.

And stood by while I selected clearanced wrapping paper, gift bags, and chocolates. And then had fun sliding the shopping cart around on the ice. :)

IMG_0547.jpg

Jon and Beth had arrived with miss Sophie Bug by the time we got back, and she was enjoying a morning snack.

_DSC0139.jpg

We piled all the gifts under the tree from both of our cars just so I could get a shot of them all together. before we started opening them.

_DSC0140.jpg

Beth picked out the prettiest wrapping paper this year!!

_DSC0145.jpg

We spent some time cleaning and cooking since the rest of the extended family was coming for lunch, and then we opened gifts while Sophie napped.

All the kids went together and gave Mom and Dad a Keurig coffee maker since they'd enjoyed using D's so much over Thanksgiving.

_DSC0148.jpg

I made sure to wrap at least one of my brother's gifts in pink Strawberry Shortcake paper. :)

_DSC0149.jpg

We gave Beth a book she'd been wanting.

_DSC0152.jpg

And of course J always gets video games.

_DSC0153.jpg

_DSC0157.jpg

Mom hugged her extra-thick yoga mat as soon as she saw what it was!

_DSC0158.jpg

And Darren got a stuffed donkey. Okay, actually his gift from Beth and Jon was a donation through Samaritan's Purse to pay for part of a donkey for a family in a third world country. Very cool.

_DSC0161.jpg

And he also got a big case of coffee for his Keurig from my parents (and he's been drinking tons of it!).

_DSC0171.jpg

_DSC0172.jpg

You can't see it in the picture, but J's shirt says "I'm Kind of a Big Deal."

_DSC0174.jpg

And then miss Sophie woke up and wanted lunch, so my Dad took over feeding duties.

_DSC0179.jpg

The extended family arrived shortly after that. This is my cousin Michelle trying to teach our grandparents how to text.

_DSC0181.jpg

There was soooo much good food on the buffet!

_DSC0191.jpg

_DSC0192.jpg

_DSC0193.jpg

Darren with my Aunt Tina and Uncle Mike.

_DSC0195.jpg

And Sophie again (sorry, I couldn't help it- she's too adorable!!), very interested in her feet.

_DSC0198.jpg

And also her turle.

_DSC0199.jpg

My granddad cracked me up when he decided to wear the trim from one of his gifts as a headband!

_DSC0200.jpg

Not the greatest composition in this shot, but at least I got most everyone in!

_DSC0201.jpg

_DSC0202.jpg

_DSC0203.jpg

Just to be clear, we didn't actually give my grandmother a weighted hula-hoop. Mom just used the box from hers to wrap another gift. :)

_DSC0204.jpg

Granddad again. ::snicker::

_DSC0208.jpg



_DSC0210.jpg

We all got the biggest laugh out of the shirt that Mike and Tina gave to Dad.

_DSC0211.jpg

And then Sophie got a gift...

_DSC0212.jpg

And proceeded to open it. We'd meant to save all of her presents until later, but somehow this one slipped in.

_DSC0213.jpg

Not too long after that we decided it was a good time for her to open gifts anyway.

_DSC0219.jpg

She was much more alert and into it than I'd expected a 5 month old to be- she was very active in tearing the paper...

December 26, 2010

...and of course pretty much everything went into her mouth. And yes, yes I did give my niece an LED pacifier.

_DSC0235.jpg

I also gave her a biohazard onsie. Let's just say she can be rather...noxious...at certain times. :)

_DSC0244.jpg

Om nom nom nom!!

_DSC0248.jpg

Opening one last gift...

_DSC0253.jpg

We had to drive back home that evening since Monday was a work day for Darren (and for J and my Dad, too). The whole day was a wonderful end to a wonderful Christmas. :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan