Citrus Twist Kits November Layouts

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My layouts with the November kits from Citrus Twist felt like they practically scrapped themselves! When a new set of kits comes in, I unpack it and film the reveal video right away so that I can go ahead and get started scrapping with them, and I was getting more and more excited to start making layouts as I was showing all of the pieces on camera. Almost as soon as I turned it off and started transferring the video files to my computer, I had layout ideas spinning around in my head, and my three pages this month came together in no time flat.

My first layout is a hybrid two-pager- one side is a traditional layout, and the other is a pocket page with a few more photos from the event. Everything here is from just the main kit with the exception of the loose gold glitter that I used for the splatters (they're just watered down glue that I splashed across the page with a paintbrush and covered in glitter) because I wanted a little more gold on the page to balance with the gold glitter Thickers in this month's kit.

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

ctk_littlebuilder_stitch_nobanner.jpg

The photos are from a little outing to a Lowe's workshop for kids that I took with my brother and my niece, Sophie, who was just a little over two at the time. The girl seriously loves to build and "help" when he's in the workshop- a really good thing since they're nearly finished building a new house, and lots of work has gone into it!

DSC_4858.jpg

DSC_4855.jpg

This next layout is my absolute favorite from this month's batch. I fell in love with Carta Bella's Wildflower collection as soon as I saw it, and I knew it would be perfect to use with photos from our National Park adventures earlier this summer. The cut-apart journaling card sheet from the collection is in the main kit this month, and the 12x12 sticker sheet is in the embellishment add-on. The background paper is from Chic Tags' Good Tidings collection and is actually a Christmas paper, but aqua + gold + triangles really goes with anything, and in my case I thought they looked a little bit like mountains.

DSC_0169.jpg

The photo is one that I snapped while looking in the side-view mirror of the car as Darren drove us across the country, and, though it was taken in the middle of the trip, I have a feeling that this will end up being the cover page in my album for this vacation.

DSC_4860.jpg

DSC_4859.jpg

My last layout with this month's kits once again features little miss Sophie...and one of my cats, who I'm pretty sure still hasn't figured out what was going on. :) I pulled in another card from the Carta Bella sheet here, along with Cosmo Cricket Creative Girl papers and a few embellishments from the Add-On Kit this month. There are lots of pops of black in the add-on, and I wanted to pull them in and mix them with woodgrains on this page. The background paper is misted- I added the yellow hearts using a Heidi Swapp mask that I've had for a while just to give it a little bit of a warmer tone.

DSC_0167.jpg

And that photo? When my family came to visit for my birthday earlier this year, Sophie and my oldest cat, Giblet, became pretty good friends. He's pretty calm and laid-back, anyway, and was really only mildly confused as she picked him up and proceeded to carry him all over the room. And, yes, he's a big cat- almost as long as Sophie was tall at that time!

DSC_4863.jpg

DSC_4862.jpg

I absolutely loved the mix of product in this month's kits, and you can check out the reveal post over on the Citrus Twist blog for release information and videos, or go straight to the kits listed here in the shop.

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Thanks so much for stopping by!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan