Galaxy of Lights Layout - Lawn Fawn's Holiday Week

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

HaveAFawnyHoliday

It's that time of year again! Lawn Fawn is hosting its annual Holiday Week celebration over on the blog, and today I'm part of the festivities with a layout using the Peace Joy Love collection and coordinating stamp set.

DSC_0176.jpg

Supplies:


Do not adjust your screens- yes, that is an 8.5x11 layout! It's been years and years since I've made one, but I've been having such a good time lately making 6x8 rectangular layouts in Sn@p and Capture albums that I wanted to try a letter size one for my regular albums, too. I had a ton of fun putting this one together, and, holy moly, I'd forgotten how quickly the smaller canvas fills up! Definitely seeing more of this size in my future.

DSC_4875.jpg

I started this page with two 4x3 photos from our annual walk through the Huntsville Botanical Gardens' Galaxy of Lights last year (I still haven't blogged those photos- boo!) and a small pile of scraps from Lawn Fawn's Peace Joy Love papers. I've already made several layouts with this line, and I had quite a few little bits that I wanted to get used up. That included some border strips from one of the cut-apart sheets as well as a small stack of branding strips, so I started things off by running a few of those across the top and bottom of my page. Some misting, a mat behind one of my photos, a journaling card + title, and a few other bits such as the sequins and flair finished this page off.

DSC_4876.jpg

The changeup in layout size was also great for me because, honestly, I was getting really, really tired of trying to find new ways to put two 4x3 photos on a 12x12 page. Quite often I like to scrap with a pair of pictures, and for some reason I'm finding that it's easier for me to use square photos (or a mix of square and rectangle) on a 12x12 page, and I think any size will work for me on a rectangular one. And some days I have daydreams about starting to scrap just in 6x8 layouts in little Sn@p binders...maybe one day, but not any time soon.

DSC_4877.jpg

There are lots of cards, layouts, and holiday-related projects by the other Fawny Girls (those ladies continually amaze me!) to see today, so be sure to drop by the Lawn Fawn blog to check everything out!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan