Project Life 2013 - Week 44

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My photos from Halloween were way down the list of weeks to scrap for my Project Life album, but the October exclusive kit from Elle's Studio has been sitting on my desk, calling my name, so over the weekend I edited and printed the photos here at home- something I rarely do!- and got to work with them.

project life 2013 week 44.jpg

Elle's kits have turned out to be great kick-starters on getting some of my older stash used up. Each one contains a very usable number of tags and brings in a fresh bit of design and color inspiration, and this particular kit with its aquas, oranges, and just a hint of burgundy worked well with a quite old Studio Calico 6x6 pad I've had lying around for a while. Anyone remember Memoir?

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

All of the other embellishments here came from my color bins- love being able to rummage through all of the unpackaged goodies in there and quickly find items that match the papers that I'm using. I've had a few people comment and ask how I remember who the manufacturers were for items after I've thrown away the packaging, and the answer is that since I don't submit projects for publication, it's not something that I really worry about. I keep current design team product in separate bins for as long as I need to work with it, but, for stuff I use on my everyday projects, I'm more focused on sorting it in a way that I can actually find and use it.

DSC_5063.jpg

DSC_5065.jpg

DSC_5062.jpg

On a completely different note, we used a Dremel tool to carve our pumpkins this year, and I loved how they turned out. I'm woefully behind on posting photos to my personal blog, but I hope to have pumpkin carving and lots of other photos up over there soon!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan