Love You Tons Card for Lawn Fawn

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Yes, I have back-to-back Lawn Fawn posts this week, and today's is a really quick one! The new Love You Tons mini stamp set is today's focus over on the Lawn Fawn blog, and this time around I decided to make a card...yes, a real and actual card!  I mixed the adorable little elephants from the new release with grass and cloud stamps from two previous Lawn Fawn sets to make a little watercolored scene, with the sentiment stamped inside my card.

DSC_5849.jpg

Supplies:


There are dies to match these little cuties, so when I first started playing with this release I simply stamped a pair of elephants and cut them out, just to see where things went. Soon I found myself stamping them again, this time onto watercolor paper, and then pulling out my shiny new set of watercolor pencils for a little bit of playtime. This card came together really quickly after that!

The entire base of the card is also watercolor paper, and I promise you that none of these art supplies are expensive! Both the pencils and paper came from Michaels, and I'm pretty sure that I bought the cheapest (which also happened to be huge) watercolor pad they had at the time, and it was on sale for 40% off. The pencils are a really inexpensive Artist's Loft (which I think is Michaels' house brand of art supplies) set that they sell for $5.00, and I used a coupon on them to make them even more of a bargain.

If you want to see more stamping/watercolor pencil ideas, Jennifer McGuire posted a great video on the Simon Says Stamp blog a few months ago showing how she uses hers. Definitely worth checking out!

Happy Wednesday, everyone- thank so much for stopping by!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan