Project Life 2013 - Week 27 with Simple Stories

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I gotta admit, it feels a little odd to be posting fireworks photos from July at the beginning of December, but that just happens to be the set of photos that I chose while scrapping with the new Daily Grind collection from Simple Stories. Week 27 of my Project Life album was up on their blog last week, and now I have two fireworks displays (one of which we had to watch from the car due to rain), a 5K race, and a few little projects that we were working on around the house documented in my album.

project life 2013 week 27.jpg

Supplies:



DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

I'm totally digging the woodgrains + camera prints in this collection, along with the earthier, saturated colors. And if you have some older Simple Stories products hanging around your stash like I do, then you'll find that this collection pairs up nicely with those past lines, especially Snap and Urban Traveler.

DSC_4870.jpg

This little 3x4 speech bubble card was one of my favorites, and I turned it into a purely decorative piece to fill in an empty pocket on my page. I outlined the bubbles with a white gel pen, then added a brad and a word sticker to each one, just to dress them up a bit.

DSC_4874.jpg

Simple Stories has a brand new-to-them embellishment releasing with this collection, too- die cut packs! I love ephemera and die cut packs because you get so many pieces at a small price-point, and often when I'm buying a collection I'll pick up just the die cuts or die cut chipboard and just a few other pieces, then mix them with paper from my stash. I can almost always find patterned paper to match them, and you still get the iconic "look" of a line without having to buy the whole thing.

DSC_4872.jpg

We're heading into the Christmas season with Project Life, and my plan is to continue to do both my weekly album along with Journal Your Christmas album, just as I've done in past years. Some photos may be duplicated between the two, but Project Life is where the more "everyday" type stuff goes, and my Christmas journal centers around the prompts that Shimelle sends out each day, which always have me reflecting on the season, both past and present, in very specific ways. For me, they're two very different projects, and I love them both. :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan