Two Peas December Garden Layout - Let Your Heart Be Light

Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's hard to believe just how quickly 2013 has zoomed by, and it's already December! The last Garden Girl release of 2013 was posted at Two Peas in a Bucket last week, and this time around we all put together holiday layouts. My page shows snippets of last Christmas- just a few of my most favorite sights of the season.

let your heart be light.jpg

Supplies:


I was completely inspired by the digital cutting files in the Two Peas shop in both the November and December releases, especially the gorgeous script sayings and the chevron Christmas icons. Before I had even selected photos or my other supplies, I knew that I was going to use the "Let Your Heart Be Light" phrase as my title. I cut it out on my Silhouette using a sheet of gold paper from DCWV's Glitzy Glitter cardstock stack. If you're familiar with American Crafts' POW glitter paper, this is pretty much the same stuff, and it cuts amazingly well in the Silhouette.

DSC_5763.jpg

I also printed out all of the printables from the November and December collections at Two Peas, and I got myself in a creative mood by simply sitting down (or standing, in the cases where I used my paper trimmer) and trimming all of the little pieces out. I find that just preparing my supplies, whether it's trimming cut-apart sheets or laying out a kit on my desk to use, is a great way to kick-start my creativity.

DSC_5766.jpg

DSC_5762.jpg

All of the Garden Girls put together such beautiful pages this month! Unfortunately there's not a way that I can link to only the December 2013 layouts, but they'll all be at the top of the Designer Projects category for a little while, until the daily video projects and the eventual January 2014 (I can't believe I just wrote that!) release happens.

Saturday is also my last video in the 2013 Project Life series- time really is flying by!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan