Ornaments with Packaging + Crate Paper

Saturday, December 14, 2013

This December has been full of fun projects already, and I'm only halfway through it! I love design team projects around the holidays, when we're encouraged to make something other than scrapbook pages. It always pushes me out of my happy little layout zone and into something cool! Last year I made tons of Christmas ornaments, and this year I've already made a recipe binder and am working on a snowglobe for later next week. I've also made another round of Christmas ornaments for this year, and they were up on the Crate Paper blog on Tuesday.

DSC_0060.jpg

If you've purchased any of Prima's wood veneer embellishments in the last year or so, then you might recognize the little wood trays that I used to back my ornaments. I've almost thrown them away several times in the last few months, but stopped myself every time. Good thing I did, because they were the perfect starting point for some glittery Bundled Up goodness!

DSC_0067-001.jpg

I started off by snipping a few small leaf sprays off of a few gold glittered stems that I've had in my Christmas stash for a while, and then I put together a few embellishment clusters using die cuts, chipboard, and stitched banners from Crate Paper's Bundled Up collection. I layered the clusters and glittered leaves over the trays for quick and easy ornaments with lots of bling-y holiday cheer. Each piece only took a few minutes to put together, thanks to copious amounts of hot glue. I've learned much from Wilna this year about the magical powers of hot glue.

DSC_0074-001.jpg

Supplies:




DSC_0072-001.jpg

DSC_0078-001.jpg

I try to make ornaments to give to my family each year, so after I attach hangers of some sort to these they'll be on their way to live on all of our various Christmas trees!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan