An 8.5x11 Layout with the December Kits from Citrus Twist

Thursday, December 5, 2013

It's another reveal day over at Citrus Twist, and you can check out all of the December kit offerings here. The design team gallery won't be live until the 7th since we're all still adjusting to the earlier reveal date, but I do have one layout to share, made with just the Main kit, Remember.

DSC_0190.jpg

No, that's not me in the photo (I wish)! It's actually a picture of a poster for what was my favorite class at the gym while I had a membership. I had a little "heck, yeah!" moment when I saw it. For more than two years I was a BodyPump addict and went to class 3-4 days a week. It totally hooked me on lifting weights- heavy weights- and the only reason I stopped going was the new gym that my company put in for employees last year, complete with a power lifting rack. Now I lift really heavy weights on my own, but I gotta admit that I sometimes still miss BodyPump's music and choreography.

DSC_5833.jpg

I've had this little snapshot, taken quickly with my phone as I ran into a class one day, in my photo binder for a while, but I never quite had the supplies to match it. I mean, lime green and red? I had almost given up on finding anything to go with it until the December kit hit my desk. It's such a fresh mix of colors, and I love the addition of woodgrain and silver as neutrals.

DSC_5832.jpg

I also played a bit with watercolors on this page, inspired by a post by Anna-Maria Wolniak for October Afternoon. I've long admired her layouts, and it was fun to try out one of her techniques for myself. I have a lot to learn about this still, but I can already tell that I'm going to be hooked on painting on pages!

DSC_5834.jpg

Type Dec 2014 Main Kit

There are some fun exclusives in the Citrus Twist shop this month in addition to the kits. My favorite is the set of wood veneer Christmas badges that Trina designed, playing off of the badge designs in the main kit.

CTK Christmas Badges

Tomorrow is Friday, and then I'm so excited for this weekend! We're going to put out the Christmas lights in the front yard (I bought all new LED lights during the after-Christmas sales last year), and I plan on scrapping up a storm in my 2013 Christmas album as well as doing more catch-up work on past years. Let the Christmas craftiness begin!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan