A Few Cards!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

As I was working with the January Kits from Citrus Twist, I had a few pieces set off to the side that I knew I'd likely never use on a layout. I don't scrap Valentine's photos very often, so I took a couple of pieces from one of the cut apart sheets (this particular one was from Crate Paper's Love Notes collection) and made cards with them, instead!

DSC_0217-2.jpg

My approach to making cards these days is simple- treat them like layered embellishment clusters. I put these cards together in much the same way as I embellish my scrapbook pages by tucking in little bits such as tags and labels and using small pieces of paper (mostly scraps from larger layouts) as layers. It doesn't take very long to do, and once the pieces are piled up it only takes a couple of finishing touches like wood veneer or sequins to finish them off.

DSC_0216-2.jpg

The colored cardstock that I used for the card bases is also from the kit, and I cut two A4 (4.25" x 11", folded in half) pieces to make the bases for the two cards above. I had a skinnier little strip left over after doing that, and I decided to put it to use to make a more masculine, decidedly non-Valentine's card using one of the Chic Tags die cuts.

DSC_0215-2.jpg

I'm really loving this method of making cards and am thrilled that it helped me to use up some scraps and other bits. Now if I could just get into the habit of actually mailing them out- that's a whole other subject entirely!! :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan