R2 Rainbow Layout for Citrus Twist Kits

Thursday, January 16, 2014

After a pair of delayed flights I'm back home from CHA, have more or less caught up on lots of lost sleep, and am getting geared up to start posting lots of photos from the show floor. I also seem to have brought back some unknown allergy/cold/general respiratory issue from the west coast, but I'm not one to let a little germ (or a few thousand) slow me down!

While I sniffle my way through finishing up the massive job that is sorting, editing, and uploading nearly 3,000 photos, I'll leave you with a layout that's from a different sort of convention altogether- this one has photos from Star Wars Celebration VI!

DSC_0218-2.jpg

DSC_0221-2.jpg

There are some photos that I print out even though I'm almost positive that there will never, ever be papers and supplies that work with them. Case in point, this selection of pictures I snapped in the R2 maker space at Celebration. There were droids in every color of the rainbow there, all backed by a crazy green and purple carpet- talk about clashing! When I started working with the Citrus Twist January Kit Add-On, though, and especially those blue glitter Thickers, suddenly scrapbooking these photos became a bit less daunting color-wise.

R2 Rainbow Stitche.jpg

The supplies on this layout are actually a mix of all of the January kits, and I chose shades of pink, aqua, and yellow to mix in with the bold blue letters. Since I had photos of pink and yellow-ish green droids it worked pretty well, and I added the aqua after I layered in the confetti pocket (from the Pocket Life Add-On), since it includes a few aqua dots.

This is also one of those layouts where I scrapped one side as a traditional layout and the other in a pocket page. For now the back side of the pocket page is blank, just like the backs of many of my layouts are blank when I first add them to an album. As I work on adding more pages, I'll take note of any spaces that need to be filled and add either more photos, ephemera, or just some pretty patterned paper. Most of my albums are still very much works in progress, though, so it doesn't bother me at all that they have some unfinished pages in them.

DSC_5960.jpg

DSC_5961.jpg

DSC_5963.jpg

DSC_5954.jpg

I'll be back later with more CHA coverage! You can expect 2-3 booth posts from me per day until I've made it through all of the photos I shot, meaning there's enough detailed CHA coverage to last for a week or two!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan