Project Life 2013 - Week 50 with Pretty Little Studio

Monday, January 20, 2014

This week's Project Life layout comes with a video! It's also very Christmas-themed, which may at first seem out of place in January, but as I was preparing this post I started wondering why we only concentrate on Christmas crafting during November and December- the busiest time of the year when we more than likely don't actually have the time for it? I'll talk more about that at the end of the post, but for now, let's get to the Project Life portion of today.

project life 2013 week 50-Edit.jpg

When I guest designed for Lisa Wilkinson's December Life class last year, she asked if I would mind putting together a Project Life process video to share with the class. She also said I was free to share it on my blog, so here it is on my Vimeo channel.

Project Life Layout using the Woodland Christmas Kit from Melissa Stinson on Vimeo.

This was actually the last Project Life video I made last year- it was finished even after my Two Peas videos wrapped up- and I have to admit that I'm not totally in love with it or the layout. My own Christmas Project Life pages never quite look right to me, and I'm not sure if it's the odd mix of colors that happens at this time of year or the really busy holiday patterns, but my mojo just seems to go right out the window about halfway through them. I know that other scrappers do Christmas Project Life pages and they are lovely, so perhaps I need to spend a bit of time studying those to see where I'm going wrong. :)

DSC_0211-2-Edit.jpg

DSC_0212-2.jpg

DSC_5920.jpg

DSC_5919.jpg

So, about this whole Christmas crafting only at Christmas thing- I've decided that in 2014 I'm going to spread the joy out over the entire year instead of trying to pack it into one month. I've got plenty of Projects pinned on my Christmas Pinterest board, a few Christmas journals that need to be finished up, and I'll probably also go ahead and start making my 2014 Christmas journal while I'm at it. Because what better way to avoid the temptation to buy the pretty new Christmas lines that hit stores in the fall than to already have your December Daily foundation completed using your existing stash! One day a month I'm going to put on some Christmas music (our current favorite is the Choral Christmas station on Pandora) and spend the day playing in my craft room, and once a month I'll post the results here. I'm excited about it already, and I'm sure that when Christmas rolls around again I'll be happy to have several projects ticked off the list already.

If you'd like to join in each month and post your holiday crafting, I'll include a link list on each of my monthly posts so we can all inspire each other throughout the year. The first post will be sometime next week, but you'll have a month to link up your own creations, so there's not need to worry about getting anything ready right now.

And, yes, there's still more CHA coverage to come! I have Pink Paislee and a couple of others on the roster for today, so look for those posts a bit later.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan