Project Life 2013 - Week 34

Monday, January 27, 2014

I made this week's Project Life layout extra easy on myself by sticking to just the Maggie Holmes Flea Market Project Life Mini Kit and a few coordinating embellishments from the Flea Market collection. My scrap room is a bit of a mess right now after pulling out an old kit to try to kill, a new kit to video, and working on a design team assignment for Simple Stories, and I didn't want to add a lot to that pile of stuff. I could have just used one of those collections/kits for this layout, I suppose, but I've had this mini kit for a while and not used it yet, and since the new Crate Paper items just arrived over the weekend and I'm sorting the last release into my stash now seemed as good a time as any to dig into them.

Tomorrow will be a cleanup day in my scrap room for sure, though!

project life 2013 week 34.jpg

Supplies:


The Flea Market collection includes lots of pinks, of course, but I decided to play up the yellows, aquas, and blues in the line and really downplay the pinks. In fact, the only reason that they appear on the page at all is because they were pre-printed on two of the journaling cards.

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

I used lots of gold as accents, including this vellum camera- there are just so many beautiful pieces in this collection!

DSC_5981.jpg

DSC_5980.jpg

DSC_5978.jpg

Now that I've made a full layout with this mini kit, my plan is to split it up by color and file it with the rest of my Project Life cards. I love the way everything looks together, but I find that after the first layout or so, I'm really ready to mix a collection up with other things and sorting by color really helps me do that. If you want to see a great video on sorting and storing Project Life cards, I highly recommend this post on The Crafty Pickle!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan