Making the Bed

Thursday, October 22, 2009

I was inspired by a recent post on the SEI Lifestye blog. The writer had elevated the chore of bedmaking to an art form, and I found myself positively drooling over the beautifully layered sheets, blankets, and pillowcases, not to mention the yummy bunting banner!



It made me think about the bed in my own scrap room, which also doubles as the guest room, and the place where I've been flopping while rehabbing from knee surgery.

I had made the bed over with a pretty, neutral quilt from Anthropologie that I just love (you can see it under the shams and the second layered quilt), but something was just missing. I hung some extra paper lanterns that I had to try to add some more color to the corner, but it still felt unbalanced.

Then I had a bad day last Friday. I mean, a really bad day. You see, I was on track to graduate from physical therapy tomorrow, and also on track to be jogging again two weeks from last Friday. But when I went to my orthopedist for a follow-up last Friday afternoon and was told that I was going to have to have my knee scoped again. There has been a big build-up of scar tissue in the last 6 weeks that impeding my range of motion, and they have to go clean it out. The surgery won't be as invasive as last time, but it's setting my recovery schedule back by about a month.

Needless to say, I was bummed. So I bought another quilt at Anthropologie to make me feel better. :) This one is called Quintana Roo, and when it's layered at the end of the bed it adds just the right touch of color to balance out the curtains on the other side of the room.


I also added these punchy euro shams- they and the quilt were both on clearance, and now this bed is just too much fun to look at!



After my little shopping expedition on Friday I went to photograph a high school football game (they let me go out on the field!!). Toward the end it was sooooo cold and misting rain (so the camera got put away). When I got home I crawled into this bed and snuggled under both quilts and slept until 9am the next morning. So I think it was a good purchase. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's all just so homey and yummy and cozy and feel good making. :-)

    sorry about your set-back...more time to settle in and scrap, or read, or watch movies on your giant movie screen? Might as well make lemonade... :-)

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan