Friday Favorites- Off the Grid

Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Friday, yay! And that means it's time for me to post some of my favorite scrapping (and otherwise crafty) ideas from the blogs I've read this week. I might get to try use some of these this weekend, and then again I might not. Nevertheless, they'll be posted here for me to come back to when I find that elusive "time for them."

This week it seemed like everyone was all about grids as a foundation for scrapbook pages. And why not? Grids are orderly, easy to manage, and make measuring really, really easy. Check out the examples below and you'll see what I mean.


Erin Benjamin for Studio Calico


Angie Lucas

Grids, while providing structure, don't mean that every page that uses them has to look even remotely similar. All of the pages above vary in size, arrangement, and the number of photos. You can even have small elements break out of a grid square to add more visual interest.

Grids aren't just for scrapbook pages- check out this card by Kandis Smith.



It's not all about grids this week, though.

I loved the subject of this page featured on Creative Therapy. I have an old stuffed Koala that I've had since I was a baby, and I may have to make a very similar page for myself.



And what would Friday Favorites be without a couple of mini albums?

I love this one by Celine Navarro. The photos themselves are the pages of the book- how clever!



And check out this beautiful album by Alissa Fast. I love the vintage looking papers and maps used as page backgrounds.


Have a happy scrappy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan