Friday Favorites- It's (Mostly) All About Christmas, Baby!

Friday, December 4, 2009

This is going to be an extra looooooong Friday Favorites! I missed last Friday's post because I was out of town for Thanksgiving (more on that later when I've finished processing the photos), but the ideas still built up and today's post is twice as long as normal. And, it's mostly Christmas themed!

I'm going to split it into sections, and the first category is gift wrap!

How sweet are these stitched garlands by Kristina Marie (via Decor8)? I'm definitely going to break out my punches and sewing machine this weekend and whip up a few.


Here the same kind of idea from The Moments in Between, but with fabric.


And if you need a cute little tag to top off that package, Pinefeather has some great inspiration.


If you need a gift to put in the beautifully wrapped packges, consider one of these cute ideas-

Like this placemat set from the Fiskars site. There is another placemat pattern without the flatware pockets here.


I love these adorable felt aquarium refrigerator magnets from Purl Bee. You could expand this idea to so many themes. She has the patterns for the aquarium set on her blog.


Amy Butler Design sells a great laptop sleeve on their web site (though I like the Navy version much more than the tomato). It's $80, though. I'm tempted to try out this pattern instead to make one of my own.


I've also found some awesome decorating ideas the last couple of weeks.

Check out this tutorial on making your own glittered glass ornaments from Elle's Studio.


Martha Stewart has a completely glittered version on The Crafts Dept. blog.


These button ornaments found on the Sassafras blog are too adorable!


Also on the Sassafras blog (from Knock Knocking) I found these awesome, brightly colored nutcrackers. If they weren't $22 each, I'd buy the whole set!


American crafts featured this cute scenic ornament on their blog. It's made with a paper mache, but I'm guessing you could use a cookie cutter and get the same result.


Pinefeather also has some gorgeous ornaments on her blog. I love just about everything that girl makes!


If advent calendars are your thing, Kelly Purkey posted this one on Two Peas made from assorted envelopes. Love the colors!


And the team at My Mind's Eye put this one together, along with a downloadable tutorial!


Finally, if you need some inspiration for documenting your Christmas season, check out one of these ideas-

Simple Scrapper posts about documenting your holidays using still life portraits.


Allisa Fast posted this cute little Christmas planner- how much fun will this be to look back at in a few years?


And, finally, Aussie Scrap Source posted this beautiful Christmas album.


Happy crafting, everyone! I'm off to decorate my tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan