December Daily Foundation- Part 1

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I finally finished my December Daily/Journal Your Christmas album over the weekend, just in time to start the project today! This week I'll have a couple of posts up showing the foundation pages, and next week I will hopefully have some pages completed to share. I'm writing/photographing as I go along each day, but I'll probably assemble several pages at a time in longer sessions throughout the month.

I used an American Crafts 8x8 D-Ring album and did just a little decorating on the front. The plastic snowflake ornament came in a pack that I picked up for 75% off at Target last year after Christmas. It turned out to be just the right size to stuff into the album's photo pocket. The letters are American Crafts Thickers that I covered in red Stickles.


I made 37 pages for my album of varying sizes and mediums. Last year I only did 25 pages, but since Journal Your Christmas runs for 37 days I decided to go with that. I haven't numbered any of them yet- I plan on using Ali's 25 Days of December overlays on my photos/photo collages, and those will serve as my numbers.

Unless noted otherwise, all papers are from K&Company's Peppermint Twist line (bought on sale at Michaels last year). The chipboard gingerbread dude is from a $1 mini album, also from Michaels. I *think* the transparency (it may be hard to see in the photos) is from Hambly. It may be Creative Imaginations- I can't remember.


The little blue bracket page is from a journaling notebook from this year's Christmas line from Fancy Pants. The page protector was purchased on clearance at Archiver's last year and cut down to fit this album. The pink paper is Peppermint Twist, and I cut it into a bracket shape and outlined it with a silver leafing pen.


The pink/red and blue papers below are from October Afternoon's Christmas line from last year. The green paper is from a pack of shaped papers by Me and My Big Ideas, and the flocked vellum snowflake paper is by Making Memories.


So, there you have the cover and first 12 pages of my album. I'll be back later this week (most likely Saturday) with the rest of them. Thursday I will be participating in Scrappy Jessi's blog hop/cookie recipe exchange, and Friday I will post an extra long Friday Favorites since I missed last Friday's post. There's lots going on this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan