Journal Your Christmas - December 1 & 2

Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's December 10, and I've only completed 2.5 days of Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class. That's okay, though. I'm collecting photos and ideas for the prompts as they come in, and I plan on having a couple of big scrapping days when I'm off for Christmas break (starting December 18th- woohoo!).

My album started off as a December Daily like the one I made last year, but I'm finding as I go along that Shimelle's prompts for the day make things a lot easier and more structured than last year when I was trying to find something to photograph and write about each day. I still like the idea of having the album made ahead of time, though. If you want to see what it looked like before I started adding to it, check here and here.

The little gingerbread dude ended up being my title page for the album. I covered him in some Basic Grey Mistletoe and Pear paper and added a little bling. Oh, and that little green and white snowflake embellishment? I made that! In fact, I made a whole sheet of similar ones. I'll show it off at the end of this post. :)


I used the back side of the gingerbread dude as part of my December 1 entry. This page was supposed to be about our "manifesto" for Christmas. Mine can be summed up as "Don't Panic." So on December 1st I chilled out and baked some cinnamon sugar cookies.



And on the back of the photo page I wrote up my list of Dos and Don'ts for the season. Basically it was just a long list of things I shouldn't panic over. :)


December 2 was about the weather. It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I dread the winters here, not so much because they're cold, but because they're all grey and dreary. Wouldn't you know, though, that two days after I wrote all this up it actually snowed and was sunny outside?!?!?


The little transparency flips over so you can see the photo underneath. I journaled on the back of the photo page.



And those are the only two pages I've made so far!

As promised, here is a close-up of the little sheet of embellishments that I made to use in this album. I patterned them after a set I saw on the Evalicious blog. They took, like, for-ev-ah to make, but I love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan