The Semi-Annual ScrappyJedi CHA Scrapbook Haul

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Though I do a lot of my scrapbook shopping at discount stores like Tuesday Morning, I'm still not immune to the new goodies from CHA. Twice a year I go nuts (like most other scrapbookers) over all the new offerings. Thanks to Stop and Scrap, I'm able to put most goodies I want on preorder and the continue adding to the order as new items come out, and then it all ships together when the last of it arrives at their warehouse. I end up getting one big shipment (sometimes a few months after the show- I'd originally placed most of this order in February or March- but that's totally cool). My last box came in October, and I received my latest one just last week. Oh, and mixed in with this batch is an order from 2Peas, as well.

So, what goodies did I score from CHA Winter 2010?

Tons of Basic Grey, of course. :) This Kioshi paper is even more lovely in person than it is online.


Cappella is stunningly gorgeous. The colors are subtle, but the really pop (in a subtle way, of course, if something can be said to pop subtly) against the neutral backgrounds.


I totally love the Basics lines and ordered paper packs of all three colors.




There were a couple of companies who surprised me with their releases this year. Normally I pass on most Crate Paper lines because they have such muted colors, but Pink Plum and Brooke were so bright and cheery that I had to pick them up.



Cosmo Cricket is another company I've not bought much paper from, but the Delovely collection (a post-CHA release) was too pretty to pass up.


I totally love October Afternoon's kitschy vintage style (again with the bright colors!) and picked up Fly a Kite and Thrift shop. I had to show the backs of these papers, too- they're almost as pretty as the front!





And I also bought the 8x8 paper pads of these lines so I'd have a little extra to play with. I may start buying a lot of my paper in 6x6 or 8x8 pads as it's a little cheaper and takes up less space.


I picked up some lovely flocked paper from My Mind's Eye's Lush line, and I also bought a couple of mini albums as well.

 

 

I totally fell in love with Hambly's cupcake papers and transparencies, and the peacock feather prints caught my eye, too.

 

 

I knew I had to have the "Lucky Me" line from Little Yellow Bicycle as soon as I saw it. My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day, and I've never seen paper for it that wasn't just totally theme-y or cutesy. This is just gorgeous!

 

While I was browsing the new stuff, I came across several Halloween lines from CHA Winter 2009 that were being clearanced out. I love cute Halloween stuff, so I snapped them up!

This line is from American Crafts...


...this one is Bo Bunny (love the colors!)...


...and this one with the cute little monsters is Imaginisce.


I mentioned earlier that I'm experimenting with buying some paper lines in smaller pads. I like that they're usually only $5-$6 each and you normally get more than one of each paper. This time around I picked up some Webster's Pages, Sassafras (Nerdy Bird and Cherry Delicious), and Basic Grey (Max and Whiskers).


Speaking of smaller papers, these little Paperie journaling books from Making Memories were on clearance...

 

...and I picked up the Flutter journaling book in lieu of getting the whole paper line.

 

Most of what I bought was paper, but I did pick up some other things like all this great chipboard/mini albums. Totally love that Maya Road cupcake, and I'd wanted the banner book for some time.

 

I only bought a few of the Prima pearls this time because they're a bit pricey. I didn't mean to get the purple flowers- 2Peas accidentally put them in my box when they weren't on my order, and when I emailed to let them know they said I could keep them.

 

These cute Jenni Bowlin label and banner stickers will make an excellent addition to the "often used" section of my stash.


And I'll have fun playing with these banner stickers (and, look, more pearls!) from Sassafras.


Last (but certainly not least) I stocked up on some small alphabet stickers from My Little Shoebox. I find that I use stickers like these very often, and these bright colors made them a must-have.


I can't wait to dig in and start playing with my goodies, and I have lots of plans for that!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan