back to the future : sassafras sweetly smitten {video + layout}

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

back-to-the-future-logo

Yesterday's Back to the Future post introduced the Studio Calico Snippets collection (which I know is technically present and not future since it's available now, but I'm choosing to ignore how the analogy completely falls apart there...), and today I'm going back into the archives of my scrap room to choose a collection to use along with it. I probably won't always stick to a single collection when it comes to the "past" part of this series, but I just love Sweetly Smitten by Sassafras (so much, in fact, that I bought it all up when it came out and then never used it, out of fear of "messing it up!") that I wanted to play with it all on its own. Today you'll see a layout using just this vintage Sassafras collection, and then tomorrow we'll take a look at combining the old and new!

DSC_9750.jpg

Supplies:



This layout is based on a sketch at Life Paper Scrapbook, but as you'll see in the video (which is slightly longer than my normal ones) that didn't make this page any faster to put together! I love how it got me out of my box, though, as the circles on the page are a bit of a departure for me.


Those circles also gave me a chance to play with Laina Lamb's fab Pie Chart dies again, and I used them to mix a bit of geeky with the soft florals- perfect for a layout about the day Darren brought home a discarded test tube rack and some old lab glass for me! I'd actually been looking for one to use as a flower vase for a while (after seeing it on someone else's blog, which is how all of these things seem to start), and I was thrilled when he walked through the door with it one afternoon!

DSC_7623.jpg

DSC_7624.jpg

DSC_7625.jpg

Sweetly Smitten and Snippets might not be the most obvious collections to combine, but in tomorrow's layout I'm going to do just that- see you then!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan