friday favorites | march 1, 2013

Friday, March 1, 2013

Yes, I know that last week I said I'd be taking a break from Friday Favorites this week for the Citrus Twist blog hop, but CTK has changed the date for that for next Friday, so here I am with the usual crafty picks after all!

Speaking of Citrus Twist, they're sneak-peeking the March kits on the blog starting today and running through the 11th, and if you play along with the product guessing game over there, you'll be entered to win a gift certificate to the Citrus Twist shop!

I've had the March kits on my desk for a week or so now, and they're full of such yummy color! Here's just a tiny peek...

March-Main-Sneak-640x427

Today is also reveal day for a new crop of layouts in the Two Peas in a Bucket Garden Girl gallery. This month we've focused on shapes- die cut shapes, stitched shapes, you name it!- and you can see my layout here. I'll also have it posted here on the blog tomorrow, but since the poor Friday Favorites were already almost cancelled for a hop, I don't want to give them a complex by pushing them to the side for a layout, too!

shape928x468

So, yay! Lots going on, and I love it! And now let me share some of the fab projects and posts that have been inspiring me for the last week or two.

ff 1

From the top left:

  • Process posts seem to be the name of the game lately, and this step-by-step layout post from the Lily Bee blog is the first of several I have to share this week.
  • Megan Klauer scrapped this lovely little mini book of Bible verses as a baby shower gift for her sister. Such a sweet idea!
  • I love this idea from Ormolu for using flair buttons to make a fun little home decor piece.
  • Becky Higgins posted a great example of using the Olive Edition Project Life kit for a wedding album. As someone who has yet to scrap her wedding photos (yes, I admit it!), this approach looks like it might be perfect for me!
  • Anski posted a great step-by-step look at how she created a lovely detailed and layered scrapbook page.
  • Corrie Jones' post on Shimelle.com showing five ways to use color mists totally blew me away. I'm itching to get out my paintbrush and start watercoloring with them now!
  • Wait, what's Domo doing here?! This isn't a Geek Girl post! But I thought that this awesome post from Nerd Fitness (I cannot tell you how much I love this site and its no-nonsense, back to basics look at health, fitness, and life) about overcoming procrastination and doing things now would be a great pick this week.
  • Kay Rogers walks readers through her process for using up a monthly scrapbooking kit. There's also a second part to her post here.
  • I'll finish things off with a post from Write. Click. Scrapbook. that encourages thinking about your scrapbooking process as a whole rather than hyper-focusing on just one completed project. I am so there right now with being a little stuck in my scrapping, and I definitely needed to read this! More on the being stuck thing later...it's actually turning out well.
TTFN!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan