project life 2013 | week 1

Monday, March 4, 2013

While I forged ahead and have already finished several weeks of my 2013 Project Life album (with another big batch of photos due to arrive back from the printer this week- yay!), I've been leaving the first week undone. I just didn't have many photos for the week- it was post-Christmas, plus we'd been out of the country just a couple of weeks prior, and I was ready for some time without the camera. The photos I did have were so random that I thought there was no way I'd pull them together, so I procrastinated.

Silly me- this is one of my favorite weeks so far, thanks to some great supplies that helped me pull it all together!

project life 2013 week 1.jpg

Supplies: 



I had absolutely no idea at first how I was going to pull these photos together, but once I got started I noticed the repetition of orange and/or pink in many of the images and decided to run with that. I dug through my stash and came up with the Hey Day 6x6 pad and ephemera pack from Studio Calico (the ephemera is 50% off at Two Peas right now!) along with a selection of older release journaling spots and embellishments from Chic Tags. I totally love that I was able to pick items from their autumn, summer, camping, and Everyday Life collections and have them work together so well.

This is the week covering the end of 2012 and the start of 2013, and rather than start a whole new album, I decided to just let 2012 and 2013 run together.

DSC_9743.jpg

DSC_9745.jpg

With fewer photos for this week, I used more filler cards than usual- four, actually, which may be some sort of record for me! One was the last of the calendar pages from my 2012 4x6 letterpress desktop calendar (I included these in the last week of each month in my 2012 albums), and the others were pieced together from patterned paper, bits of ephemera, a filler card from a Pebbles pad (I think?), and of course more Chic Tags!

DSC_7640.jpg

DSC_7641.jpg

DSC_7639.jpg

DSC_7638.jpg

I've also got a set of Project Life sketches to share with you before I go! These were based on a few pockets in the layout at the bottom of this post, and now that they've been shared over on the Citrus Twist blog, I'm free to post them here, too! Just like last month there are two 4x6 and two 3x4 sketches to help you design your inserts.

DSC_9714.jpg

And now I'm going to get back to some video editing, because if all goes well and I get these processed and uploaded tonight, I'll have a new blog feature to share with you tomorrow!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan