lawn fawn inspiration week | felt food fiesta {layout}

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Today I get to share my second layout for this month's Inspiration Week over on the Lawn Fawn blog, and I broke out some felt and two of the new Lawn Clippings dies to make this one!

DSC_9768.jpg

Supplies:



There was a thread recently over on Two Peas in a Bucket about the resurgence of using solid color cardstock as a layout background, and while this is something that I used to do for nearly every page I made, I really haven't been in the habit of it in the last year or two. I've been trying to get back into using non-neutral cardstock at least every once in a while (goodness knows I have enough of it!) this year, and for this page I searched my stash to find a shade of aqua to match the Daphne's Closet papers from Lawn Fawn. I spritzed just a bit of white mist over the center of the cardstock to soften the color and help the photos pop- a little trick I think I'm going to be using quite a bit from now on.

DSC_7684.jpg

DSC_7681.jpg

The photos on this page feature my li'l niece Sophie and my Dad, and while they were taken on his birthday (with balloons in the background and everything), the story isn't birthday themed, at all!

Sophie loves to play with her toy kitchen (and I admit that I might have gone slightly nuts with the IKEA and Melissa + Doug toy food purchases for her in the last year or so...) and "cook" for everyone, so I captured that piece of her personality on this page. I also have regular birthday photos to scrap, of course, but these little non-event moments are some of my favorites to put in my albums.

DSC_7682.jpg

I'm absolutely loving these new Lawn Fawn dies as they give you so many great opportunities for embellishment, even if you're not a stamper. I've got some self-adhesive cork sheets around here somewhere that I'll be trying them with soon, and word is that Lawn Fawn has some new dies in basic shapes in the works, too!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan