citrus twist kits march reveal

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Citrus Twist March kits have now been unveiled, and I'm popping in to share the four layouts that I made with them this month! Before I jump into those, though, let's take a look at this month's gorgeous kit releases!

March Main Kit - Let it Shine

Slider_1_Main_800x533_

March Embellishment Kit - Delicious

Slider_4_Embellie_800x547_

March Project Life Kit - Day By Day

Slider_2_PL_800x549_

March Patterned Paper Kit - Newsflash

Slider_5_Pattern_Paper.1

March Kit Add-On- Count My Lucky Stars

Slider_3_Add_On_800x533_

I worked with the Main, Embellishment, and Project Life kits (and one teeny piece of the Add-On), and I'll start things off with my absolute favorite page this month, made with a mix of the Main + Project Life kits. Before I started scrapping with my kits this time around I pulled out a sheet of white and a sheet of kraft cardstock and filled a mat on my Silhouette Cameo with cuts, including the stars (misted in green) on this page. The gold AC POW! glitter paper used in the title was one of my favorite items included in this release, and I'm happy to report that it cuts beautifully on the Silhouette, as well!

DSC_9748.jpg

DSC_7629.jpg

DSC_7630.jpg

This next layout includes photos of my brother and I at Star Wars Celebration VI, putting together part of the massive Lego group build that took place over the four days of the event. That yellow block card behind the top photo is another misted Cameo cut, and I used some mist on the DIY Thickers, as well. This layout mixes the Main, Embellishment, and Add-On kits.

DSC_9747.jpg

DSC_7634.jpg

DSC_7635.jpg

The last traditional layout (Main kit only) I made for this release uses photos from one of our many Tennessee Aquarium trips. This particular time around Darren crawled into the viewing port in the middle of this aquarium and declared that the fish inside (not the yellow striped ones, but the red/gold ones) were not, in fact, piranhas as the label on the side claimed, but were instead pacu, which are apparently often mistaken for piranhas. He's the one with the biology degree who took ichthyology as an undergrad, so who am I to argue?

DSC_9753.jpg

DSC_7646.jpg

DSC_7645.jpg

And, finally, a Project Life layout made with the Project Life + Embellishment kits. The only weeks from my 2012 album that I haven't finished yet are the 4-5 at the end of the year that include a lot of Christmas photos mixed in with regular life. I didn't want to take an all-Christmas approach with them like I did in my 2011 album, so they've been waiting for me to figure out what to do with them. I still have several to go, but this one that was mostly vacation photos was actually fairly easy to put together, even with a small insert holding a few extra photos from the trip.

project life 2012 week 50.jpg

DSC_9760.jpg

DSC_9763.jpg

project life 2012 week 50 insert.jpg

DSC_7667.jpg

DSC_7669.jpg

Trina has also been hard at work updating the current Citrus Twist site, and you can see pages now for all of the design team members featuring their work with the current month's kits (just mouse over "Community" and then "Designers" to see a list of all the girls on the team). She also has a brand new, totally revamped web site being worked behind the scenes that will include lots of new features for subscribers (the word "forum" has been mentioned) and much better navigation. Look for it to be introduced in late spring or early summer!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan