Geekery Abounds

Monday, August 9, 2010

Have you ever wondered how I write one of these geek posts? I know, probably not, but I'm going to tell you anyway. :)

I start by compiling links to cool stuff I find reading around blogs and the web. I keep a running list of them in a draft post on Blogger until it reaches some critical mass and I think I have enough to write about.

So you'd think I'd write it up and publish it then, wouldn't you? But, no, then I have to procrastinate...sometimes for weeks (I think about 6 weeks on this one) until I finally sit down, upload pictures, link up videos, and add some text. And in the end it never takes me as long as I think it will, but that doesn't stop me from procrastinating on the next one!

But, better late than never, right? And I really do have some cool goodies to share today.

I'm totally digging these whimsical drawings of Ben Balistreri's 30 favorite Star Wars characters. He can make even a stormtrooper look completely adorbz, no?


Speaking of all things adorable, how about Hello Kitty as an array of Star Wars characters? The little bows on all of them just kill me!


As a scrapbooker, the Star Wars paper line by Creative Imaginations really appeals to me. They're going to have a booth at Celebration V (and, yes, I am going!!), so hopefully I can pick some of this stuff up while I'm there.


Or maybe food is your chosen art medium...perhaps some Darth Vader sushi?


And because these posts are never just about Star Wars, I'll throw in another genre (still food related) and show you this adorable Toadstool grill. Tres cute!


If you're too cool for the grill (ooooh, bad pun!), maybe this Lego minifig ice cube tray is more your style.


And if you really want to go all out with the Legos, you could always build your own fully functional Lego sniper rifle.


Or just use Legos to completely bend your brain, as this Lego M.C. Escher-esque diorama will likely do.


In the realm of functional geekery, we have this awesome USB flash drive, made from the hollowed out husk of an old Game Boy cartridge.


Star Wars related reading material has been a little thin lately. Book six of Fate of the Jedi isn't due out until December, and then we won't see another until May when Conviction is released. At least we can see the cover art now! Oh, and in case you were wondering, Book 8's title will be Ascension. Hmmm, I wonder if it'll have anything to do with Daniel Jackson and the Ancients.


And through it's not quite the same as a book, Star Wars Insider has gone digital on Zinio and is now available for PC and iPad. W00t!


Finally, I'll leave you with some videos that I've found amusing recently.

Ever wondered what the Lost finale would have looked like with lightsabers? Me, neither, but it was worth a try because, really, anything would have made that finale better.


Here's a look at what the Firefly intro would have looked like in the 80's. I think it's safe to say that they nailed this one!


I'll finish off with one of the cutest Star Wars videos I've ever seen- AT-AT Day Afternoon.


Happy Geeking! I'll try not to be so long between geek posts again.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan