Orlando Day 4: Leu Gardens and Taking it Easy

Monday, August 30, 2010

Friday was my last full day in Orlando, since my flight left around noon on Saturday. I was still completely wiped out from the previous days' festivities at Celebration V, so I took it easy and ran some errands, mostly just goofing around.

I hadn't planned on visiting M&M World, but when I took a wrong turn while looking for Office Depot (to get a box to ship all my IKEA goodies back in), I spotted the huge M&M figures by the shopping mall entrance and just had to go inside!

_DSC5971.jpg

_DSC5978.jpg

These backlit M&Ms changed colors periodically- so cool!

_DSC5977.jpg

_DSC5970.jpg

I really should have bought this shirt.

_DSC5969.jpg

And I absolutely HAD to get a picture of this rainbow wall of candies. I've seen similar photos from other people's travel pictures, and it was high time I had one of my own. :)

_DSC5967.jpg

After I left M&tM world I hunted down an appropriately sized shipping box, bought curtains and a light fixure (yes, a light fixture) at IKEA, and picked up waaaaaay too many rolls of pretty packing tape on clearance at Michaels (for 50 cents a roll I couldn't leave it there)

After dropping all that stuff off at my hotel, I then ventured back out to visit the Leu Gardens. As soon as I got there, though, it started raining, so I amused myself in the lobby with my iPhone for 20 minutes or so until the storm passed.

And then, of course, it felt like a sauna outside!

That didn't stop me from appreciating more beautiful Spanish moss...

_DSC6104.jpg

...and taking in the lovely tropical plants...

_DSC5984.jpg

_DSC6005.jpg

...or from playing with my macro lens.

_DSC5998.jpg

_DSC5991.jpg

_DSC6009.jpg

_DSC6023.jpg

The Leu Gardens are divided into several sections, and I was most excited to visit their formal English rose garden.

_DSC6088.jpg

I love roses.

_DSC6085.jpg

I'm just not good at growing roses.

_DSC6079.jpg

_DSC6075.jpg

_DSC6072.jpg

_DSC6067.jpg

_DSC6060.jpg

_DSC6058.jpg

I had no problem heeding the warning on this sign.

_DSC6025.jpg

And I think that the sound of wind through a stand of bamboo has to be the most peaceful sound I've ever heard.

_DSC6105.jpg

_DSC6109.jpg

_DSC6112.jpg

I was so hot from the sauna gardens that I just had to have ice cream when I got back to the hotel.

_DSC6119.jpg

And then I spent the rest of the evening relaxing and eating Chipotle (and editing photos) by the hotel pool.

_DSC6121.jpg
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan