Star Wars Celebration V: Costumes

Monday, August 16, 2010

I've been going through my Celebration V photos, and I'm just amazed at the array of costumes that fans turned out in.

Speaking of fans turning out, the crowd was estimated somewhere in the range of 40,000 people over the course of the four day event!

Some of those 40,000 people came dressed as bounty hunters, like this guy in his ingenious Lego Boba Fett gear.

_DSC5540.jpg

This guy took one of the prizes in the costume contest (much more on that hilarity in another post).

_DSC5491.jpg

And these guys from the Mandalorian Mercs turned out in force.

_DSC5469.jpg

_DSC5468.jpg

There were several Sith Lords (and I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know who the other guy is- I think he's another bounty hunter).

_DSC5934.jpg

Amidala on her cell phone comlink.

_DSC5484.jpg

And this trio who came all the way from Finland Denmark (thanks for contacting me to correct that)! I also ran into another group from Argentina- fans came from all over the world!

_DSC5492.jpg

Oh, and the stormtroopers were everywhere, thanks to the many members of the 501st who came out to volunteer.

I'm not sure if this scout trooper was cuddling the stuffed Ewok or carrying it around as a trophy...maybe a little of both?

_DSC5933.jpg

And here we have the very rare tourist trooper, complete with digital camera holocam.

_DSC5477.jpg

_DSC5495.jpg

More scout troopers.

_DSC5505.jpg


And even a snow trooper!

_DSC5530.jpg


And of course we had Jedi. These guys were in the insane line with me when I bought logo encrusted water bottles for my brother, Darren, and I.

_DSC5487.jpg


Is that a Darth Koala I spy?

_DSC5488.jpg


And you totally couldn't miss this guy! Love the boomerang (and the incredible accent).

_DSC5500.jpg


People had some great t-shirts, too. I love this Bespin shirt.

_DSC5493.jpg

And I did ask this little cutie's mom before I took a picture of her (she's really bringing this kid up right!). She told me that she had a different bib for every day of the con.

_DSC5482.jpg


There were also several costume displays on the main floor, giving us all something to aspire to next time one of these rolls around.

_DSC5501.jpg


_DSC5481.jpg


So now I have three years to get my own costume together before the next Celebration!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan