Orlando Day 5: The Scrappy Boutique

Monday, August 30, 2010

I spent most of my last day in Orlando simply getting myself to the airport, but I did take the time to visit a scrapbook store that I've heard a bit of chatter about on the message boards- Scrappy Boutique.

_DSC6161.jpg

After browsing the store for quite a while, I was just amazed at the amount of product (especially the newest, latest releases) they stock and how well organized it all is. So as I checked out with my purchases I asked the girl behind the counter if she would mind if I took some photos of the store to post on my blog. Lucky for me she said yes, so I can share this fantastic place with you!

_DSC6160.jpg

The store is rather compact, but they manage to squeeze so much scrappy goodness into the space (all the while keeping it easy to browse) that the store feels several times larger than it actually is.

_DSC6147.jpg

Up front they had a display of new 7 Gypsies product. As I said earlier, they are constantly getting new goods in, and they update their Facebook page regularly as new stock arrives. I wish my own LSS would take a lesson from them!

_DSC6135.jpg

_DSC6136.jpg

Also right up front was display after display of brand new Halloween product- right now it doesn't get any newer than this stuff from Echo Park!

_DSC6139.jpg

I love how they keep the paper lines together and sprinkle in coordinating embellishments, either from that paper line or from generic lines that happen to match. (Again, I wish my own LSS would take notice of some of this!)

_DSC6141.jpg

They also stock quite a bit of Martha Stewart's line.

_DSC6152.jpg

Thanksgiving papers are also among the first displays the greet customers.

_DSC6137.jpg

And Christmas items, too.

_DSC6142.jpg

Loved, loved, loved seeing all the Dear Lizzy items in person. I also love that this store orders the whole line of papers and embellishments, not just a select few. I'm a whole-line-buying kind of girl.

_DSC6144.jpg

Scrappy Boutique also puts quite a bit of their older stock on sale. The clerk told me that they try to clear out items quickly as the new releases come out so they always have something fresh in store.

_DSC6159.jpg

Be still my beating heart...so much Basic Grey in one place!

_DSC6150.jpg

_DSC6148.jpg

_DSC6149.jpg

And October Afternoon- yum!

_DSC6151.jpg

More Echo Park papers, along with some great sample layouts.

_DSC6153.jpg

And more Primas than I've seen in one place, ever. I love that they carry both the regular Prima flowers along with many of their more intricate styles.

_DSC6156.jpg

I was in awe of this huge punch display- rows and rows of nothing but paper punches, mostly by EK Success and Martha Stewart.

_DSC6157.jpg

_DSC6158.jpg

And how awesome is this rainbow wall-o-Thickers? I mean, seriously, these people have turned merchandise display into an art form.

_DSC6143.jpg

Rainbow wall-o-cardstock.

_DSC6146.jpg

And inks, embossing powders, paints, and Stickles galore.

_DSC6154.jpg

If you're in Orlando and have the time, I highly recommend stopping by Scrappy Boutique and checking out what they have in stock. Just make sure you've got enough room in your suitcase to bring all the goodies home. :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan