Last Week of Class

Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's always sad when an online scrapbooking class comes to an end. We actually have a week of May Flaum's Use Your Stash course left at Big Picture Classes, but the last handouts and presentation have been posted and it's starting to feel kind of final.

I've had a lot of fun with this class and dug out some seriously old stuff to use, both photos and supplies.

I made this page about my brother's college graduation with some old-ish (but never out of style) Basic Grey paper and some seriously old embellishments that I picked up long ago for $1 each at Big Lots.

jons graduation

I created this layout with photos from my very last hiking trip on my very last trip to Colorado Springs. I've been hoarding this paper from the Chateau line by Chatterbox for years. It's literally probably my favorite patterned paper ever, and I have tons of it.

colorado hiking

Detail shots of the left and right pages...

colorado hiking left

colorado hiking right

I continued to pull from my Chatterbox stash for this next layout. For this set of pages I scrapped some fencing tournament photos from long ago (also in Colorado).

nick toth fencing tournament

If you're wondering why I have so many photos from Colorado in these pages, it's because May's classes center around 4x6 photos. Once upon a long time ago I used to just order stacks of 4x6 prints and then decide how to scrap them later. Some time in early 2009 (right after I stopped traveling to Colorado...hmmm...) I started to choose photos to scrap and a sketch to use with them at the same time. Now I print photos to the exact size I need. For May's classes, though, I reach back into my still unscrapped 4x6s in an attempt to get them onto pages.

nick toth fencing tournament left

nick toth fencing tournament right

This last page also used a sheet of old Chatterbox paper (I really liked the red and green stripes with the photo). I also used up all my red Chatterbox brads in that row below the picture. I kept thinking that I needed to add something else to the page, but after looking at it for a couple of days I've decided that I like it just the way it is.

darren's mower

May's not teaching another class until next February, so I'm going to use the intervening time to catch up on pages that I have in progress from both this and her previous class, plus I did finally sign up for Elsie Flannigan's mini album class. I'm hoping to make it a productive fall and winter!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan