Tennessee State Fair

Friday, September 17, 2010

_DSC6605.jpg

Oh, wow, it's been way too long since I last blogged. I honestly have no idea where this week went (I was out of town for the weekend and have felt like I'm coming down with a sinus infection all week), and I can't believe that I've barely posted since my last Friday Favorites roundup (look for another one of those coming this evening!). I'm going to try to throw several posts at you today to catch things up.

First up, let's take a look at what I did last weekend. After work on Friday I cruised up to Mom and Dad's house in Nashville. I spent Saturday morning at the family reunion, and then Saturday afternoon and evening I went with them to the Tennessee State Fair- camera in hand, of course. :)

I had entered a bunch of scrapbooking projects and walked away from the fair with two second and six third place ribbons- w00t!!

_DSC6524.jpg

This is my cruise mini album from last year with a shiny yellow ribbon on it. :)

_DSC6437.jpg

I really enjoy seeing all the different animals at the fair. Last time I went (two years ago) all the pens were filled with goats, but this year I went on a different weekend and got to see (and smell) the pigs instead.

_DSC6454.jpg

All the cows were getting prepped and primped to be shown.

_DSC6449.jpg

And of course there were lots of birds and bunnies.

_DSC6462.jpg

Hi, Dad!

_DSC6476.jpg

_DSC6500.jpg

The agriculture exhibits are always cool, too. Who knew I liked hay so much?

_DSC6510.jpg

And I've always thought that beekeeping would be a cool hobby.

_DSC6507.jpg

_DSC6504.jpg

_DSC6505.jpg

Lots of vegetables on display...

_DSC6512.jpg

_DSC6517.jpg

...including some HUGE ones!

_DSC6513.jpg

_DSC6518.jpg

I love fair food. Well, some of the fair food. Some things like this hot beef sundae I could probably live without.

_DSC6443.jpg

And I really don't get the obsession with deep-frying everything.

_DSC6560.jpg

But I do love a good funnel cake (Dad and I shared this one).

_DSC6562.jpg

And this fudge was really yummy.

_DSC6531.jpg

The concession stands always have pretty lights, too. I couldn't help snapping tons of pictures.

_DSC6578.jpg

_DSC6583.jpg

_DSC6591.jpg

_DSC6594.jpg

_DSC6597.jpg

_DSC6635.jpg

Mom talked me into going on exactly one ride with her. I shot video of it but haven't offloaded it from the camera yet (I told you it's been a crazy week!). I also did the bungee bounce thingy...so, yeah, that's me doing backflips in midair. :)

_DSC6555.jpg

This may be the last year that the fair is actually held at the fairgrounds, so I'm really glad that I got the chance to go again.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan