Friday Favorites

Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Friday, everyone! It's been an adventurous day here. I went kayaking this morning, grocery shopping this afternoon, and then had Taekwondo class this evening before settling in to watch an episode of Doctor Who. Tomorrow morning I have another 2 hour TKD class since I'm getting ready to test for my second degree black belt. It's like boot camp!

I still plan on crafting up a storm this weekend, and I've found a bunch of inspiring projects to share with all of you.


From left to right:
  • These beautiful bound books of all kinds of "found" paper can be found on Lovely Design.
  • Learn how to make this cute gift box and wrap (it's easier than it looks!) at SEI Lifestyle.
  • I love the colors and the design of this scrapbook page by Danielle Flanders, featured on the Studio Calico blog.
  • Oh my holy goodness, did you know that you can freeze cupcake batter? I had no idea until I stumbled across this article from The Kitchn.
  • I always enjoy The Paperclipping Roundtable podcast, but I found Episode 35: Memory Go Round, to be an especially good listen.
  • Find details on how to create this cute set of Halloween mini cards at Ally Scraps.
  • Laura Vegas shares her approach to her children's school albums. My parents have boxes of our old school memorabilia in their attic- I think it may be time to start getting it down and putting it in albums where it can be enjoyed.
  • Wondering why Burn Notice is included here? Check out Kayla Lamoreaux's post about creative burnout on Scrapbook Update to find out. And Lain Ehman's response article on cures for creative burnout is also a great read.
  • Kristina Werner has posted a series of articles on her blog on cardmaking basics. Her Make a Card Monday and Finally Friday videos are also great resources for cardmakers. 
Have a scrappy weekend!
    CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan