Keeping It Real

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

As much as I'd love to have this blog be filled with perfectly composed prose and photos every day, I have to face reality and realize that it's just not going to happen. I have a life, and a job, and a million other things going on in any given day, and some days I have no time to breathe, much less scrapbook, photograph what I made, and then compose a post about it.


I snapped this photo with my iPhone on the way out the door this morning. I spent two minutes at work (shhhhh, don't tell them) editing it in Photoshop Express in my phone, then sent it to upload to Flickr. It's not pretty, but it's real.

I really, really want to get this 4x6 mini album about my trip to the Tennessee State Fair put together, and I'd love nothing more than to sit down and take an entire night to do it, but that's just not going to happen right now. So I'm taking the incremental approach. Last night I had 15 free minutes, so I cut my papers (from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop and Fly a Kite lines) into 4x6 blocks. Tonight if I have a few minutes I'll lay all the papers and photos out and put them in order. The next night if I have a few minutes, I'll start taping the pages together. 10, 15, or 30 minutes at a time, this album will get done. I may come back here from time to time and post iPhone photos of the progress. I'll definitely take proper pictures and post them when it's finished. :)

If you find yourself short on creative time with too many ideas and not enough hours to complete them, take a deep breath, see where you can work a small block of time into your schedule- even just five minutes- and start a project or do something small to advance a project already in progress. Little by little, I promise you'll get it done.

And if you're wondering what's keeping me so busy, it's nothing bad. We've started working on the Christmas program at church, which means orchestra rehearsal sometimes runs a little long. Also, my Taekwondo instructor wants me to test for my second degree black belt the first weekend in November, so I'm in lots of extra classes right now. 5. days. a. week. And one of those classes is two hours long! And studying forms in between (that's a whole other iPhone app). So it's all fun stuff, but even fun stuff can equal BUSY!!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan