Making Christmas Cards...

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

...not because I have to, but because I want to!

_DSC8569.jpg

I purchased the cards that I'm mailing this year, which means that instead of working day and night to make cards because I have to, I can have fun and play and make Christmas cards just because I feel like it!

I copied this card from Kristina Werner's Holiday Card Series, substituting a stamp I already had in place of the one she used. I did, however, buy some embossing powder to play with for this one. I dislike the flat look of most ink-based stamp impressions, and heat embossing gives a nice, subtle texture and depth.

For now I'm tossing this card into my general greeting card storage box, but I imagine that it will get used sometime between now and Christmas- maybe as a wrapping for a gift card or other small, flat item.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan