Friday Favorites- Documenting Christmas

Friday, November 19, 2010

'Tis the season to choose which Christmas journaling project you want to participate in (or, if you're like me, you try to do a combination of all of them)!

I love Christmas. Don't get me wrong- I adore Thanksgiving, and I couldn't be happier that I'm hosting and cooking for my entire family this year, but there's just something about getting my Christmas journal ready ahead of time that puts me in the right mindset to enter the holidays, Thanksgiving included. And even though I love getting my journal foundation finished early, I'm still one of those people who gets annoyed when the Christmas stock starts hitting the store shelves in August.

In the spirit of getting in the spirit, most of today's picks are Christmas and Christmas journal related. I hope you enjoy them!


From left to right:
  • Elle's Studio shares her interior pages for her December Daily album. Such a fun mix of colors and patterns!
  • Shimelle Laine is once again taking sign-ups for her Journal Your Christmas class (it runs from December 1st to January 6th). Once you sign up and pay for the class for one year, you can continue to take it year after year for no additional charge. This will be my second year participating. She also has posts on paper and album selection that are definitely worth checking out.
  • Ali Edwards, of course, has her gorgeous December Daily album foundation on her site. This will be my third year of following along with Ali- she took Shimelle's idea and put her own spin on it, and it's wonderful. You can also see her previous years' album posts here.
  • If Christmas cards are on your mind, you'll definitely want to check out Kristina Werner's Holiday Card Series. She posts a card and a how-to video each day using some of the yummiest supplies. The link is to the first video, but there are 25 in the entire series.
  • Alissa Fast is sharing her past Journal Your Christmas albums each day this month. You can check out day 1 here and follow along from there.
  • Jessica Sprague is offering her annual free class. This year it's called Inspiration Everywhere, and it sounds awesome. 
  • Let's not leave out Thanksgiving! Get tips on photographing your Thanksgiving feast at The Daily Digi.
  • Jenni Bowlin Studio shares a beautiful Christmas mini album by Doris Sander.
  • Marta Writes has a post on creating your own Christmas binder using your favorite articles, recipes, and ideas culled from magazines. It looks fantastic!
Have a festive, scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan