Bridge Street Christmas Tree Layout

Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm slowly working my way through all the yummy inspiration from the online classes I've been taking lately, and this page is based on a sketch from Valerie Salmon's Got Sketch 106 class. As soon as I saw Valerie's Christmas themed example page in the class handout I knew I wanted to use the sketch to scrapbook my Bridge Street Christmas tree lighting photos. Couple that with my new shipment of goodies last week (that included some of the great new Webster's Pages Christmas paper), and a new layout was born.

_DSC7190.jpg

_DSC8573.jpg

_DSC8572.jpg

I matched the Webster's Pages Sweet Season paper with some Sassafras and DCWV that I dug out of my scrap bin and punched or die cut to use as accents. The felt snowflakes were actually cut using my Cricut! It was my first time cutting felt with it, and it couldn't have gone better (thanks to all the great advice that I found here and here). If you want to try this yourself, I recommend the felt from Papertrey Ink (though I think that any 100% wool felt will do).

It felt really good to scrap the first Christmas photos of the season!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan