dancing with star wars layout {lawn fawn}

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's been rainy and cold for three days straight here, which at any other time would send me into a funk, but right now? I'm loving it. Loving staying all cozy inside, cooking some lovely food, watching Doctor Who with D, and hanging out and listening to Star Wars audio books in the scrap room (which has seen so much crafty action lately that it looks like the aftermath of a Bruce Willis movie).

I've been scrapping up a storm (no pun intended, I promise!) during the last couple of weeks, including the layout below that's part of Lawn Fawn's mid-release week festivities today. With new star-shaped dies in the mix along with a star-themed stamp set, you know I just had to do a Star Wars related layout!

DSC_9861.jpg

Supplies:




I could have chosen any of the hundreds of photos that I took while at Celebration VI with my brother last fall, but in the end these snapshots of us being totally silly while playing the Star Wars dance game on Kinect at my Dad's birthday party won out. I have a few more pictures of J and my cousin Jake playing (and oh, man they were hilarious!) still to be scrapped, but this is a good start! And while the Quinn's Capitals stamp set hasn't been officially introduced yet, is it not perfect for a Star Wars layout? It's not exactly like the opening title font, but it definitely looks related!

DSC_8511.jpg

DSC_8507.jpg

DSC_8510.jpg

Now that I think about it, a rainy day is the perfect excuse to break that game out and play again...hmmm!!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan